Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Got a Look at Grace

I wish that I had the linguistic ability to describe what I was privileged to witness last week as we ministered to the Shoshone/Arapaho Indians on the Wind River Reservation. I guess that the best I could describe would be, "I Got a Look at Grace."

From the moment my plane landed in Jackson Hole, WY, I saw the handiwork of God's creation manifested in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park. What a sight it was to behold. Upon arriving late Monday night, in Lander, WY, I already knew in my spirit that God had something great in store for the week. Well...I was right!

All totaled, I Got a Look at Grace by seeing 24 Shoshone/Arapaho's have their "robes washed white in the precious blood of the Lamb." Friday night was the volcano service of the week. We did not dismiss the service until MIDNIGHT!! That's right, MIDNIGHT! Amazingly enough, no one got up and left, and no one was looking at their watches. The power of God's Spirit broke the dam, and waters rushed forth in mighty power.

For the past couple of years, one of our biggest prayer request was for God to raise up Native Americans to preach the gospel. Truth be told, they can reach their own people much better, and much faster than we can. God heard our prayer and raised up 4 young men to preach the gospel! I Got a Look at Grace!

This blog does not afford me the space to describe to you what God is doing through EMI and Native American Ministries. But, allow me to suffice it to say that God is doing things we never dreamed possible. He is raising up native American preachers, He has provided a building to house RUI (Reformers Unanimous International) and we are leasing the building for $1/year. He is opening doors to new native American reservations in South Dakota, North Carolina, Washington, and the Yukon territory of Alaska.

I want to thank each of you who agreed with me in prayer for this endeavor. Please continue to pray that God will culitvate the soil of the hearts of these new Christians that they might tell their native American friends and family, what great things the Lord has done. If you would like to be a part of something special, I would recommend that you take a trip with me to one of these reservations so that you will be able to say with me, I Got a Look at Grace!

His and Happy,

Bro. Steve

2 comments:

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

I am so glad that God gave you souls for your labor. To God be all the glory.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I appreciate the praise report and wish you well in your future outreach efforts. Stay the course!