Thursday, August 7, 2008

WHAT AM I DOING?

Well....after debating whether or not to do this, I have finally bitten the bullet. My wife, Kim, started her blog (http://1dancingwallflower.blogspot.com) a little more than a month ago, and has already received more than 2000 hits from all over the country. She is a world famous pastor's wife! Look out Beth Moore! You go baby!

I think that these blogs can serve an excellent purpose. First, the purpose of this blog will be to lift up Jesus. As Paul said in Colossians 3: 17, "Whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Blogs qualify both as "word" and "deed;" thus, the #1 purpose of this blog will be to lift high the blood stained banner of the Cross.

Next, once a blog serves the purpose to lift up Jesus, it can then serve the purpose to build up others. Nothing on this blog will be done to demean, disgrace, or destroy the character or reputation of anyone. Granted, I will, from time to time, talk about hard topics, i. e. politics, religion, entertainment, and current events; but, these thoughts will only reflect my opinion. Furthermore, I will attempt to give my opinion in a tasteful, not a disgraceful way.

Finally, once a blog serves the purpose to lift up Jesus and build up others; then, there is room to pick up myself. I must admit that Mondays and Thursdays are the 2 roughest days of my week. Both of those days follow the previous days' worship services so, needless to say, I am drained and may say things that seem somewhat depressing. Thus, it will be good for me to type out my thoughts to pick myself up.

All in all, I pray that you will find this blog to be insightful, informative, and inspiring. And I hope you will offer feedback from time to time.

Until the next post,

It is What It Is!

4 comments:

friedemann stattaus said...

Hey Pastor Steve! i've never been interested in reading blogs of people i dont know, but tonight - well actually i am supposed to prepare a sermon for my friends wedding on saturday - i accidently found yours. i like your first post and pray God will continue using you to serve him and others. I am a pastor like you serving God as a Missionary in East-Germany. Well, time to sleep. Good night!!!!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy reading what you have to say. God has defintely given you a great gift!
Prayig for you

preacher30673

Kim said...

Steve,
I am very proud of you!! Your words are God breathed. I am also proud that you are in my life. I hope that through this blog people will learn to love God and follow Him with spirited strength. I love you with all my being! I am proud to serve right along side you!!!
Love ya,
Kim (aka. His wife)

Pastor Steve N. Wagers said...

Friedi,
Thanks for "stumbling" across my blog. From time to time, I will offer thoughts from what I am reading, as well as a few sermon starter outlines. I hope you will check back from time to time.

Keep up the good work in East Germany. Preach the Word. Be faithful to what God has called to do, and where God has called you to be. I am praying for you, and if I can ever be of any assitance, please let me know.

Blessings,

Pastor Steve